The Giro Savant is a great value option with race-inspired style and the same customizable fit and cooling ventilation you would expect from the higher-end helmets
The Savant™ offers authentic race-inspired style and performance with a plush, comfortable fit that’s ready to go the distance. The slim design combines great ventilation from 25 Wind Tunnel™ vents, with the secure feel and convenience of the adjustable Roc Loc® 5 fit and stability system. And with the light weight and durability of In-Mold™ construction, it won’t weigh you down.
Wind Tunnel Ventilation:
- Giro helmets are developed utilising their proprietary Wind Tunnel™ ventilation system, which combines active vents with internal exhaust channels that thrust cool, fresh air over and around your head while forcing heat and stale air out. This significant increase in air channeling makes a difference that you will immediately feel and appreciate.
- In-mold construction fuses a tough polycarbonate outer shell with the helmet’s impact absorbing foam liner. The fusion process allows Giro to sculpt better ventilation systems, so In-mold helmets can be lighter and cooler than traditional helmets.
- A great helmet is so comfortable that once it’s on, it virtually disappears. Giro’s proprietary three-size Super Fit system is based on “human scale factors” data and over 20 years of crafting helmets for the best bike riders in the world. The result is pure Skull Hugging Luxury, a helmet that fits 98% of the world’s population, yet looks (and fits) like it was custom made just for you.
Roc Loc 5 System:
- This groundbreaking fit system provides an entirely unique user experience with an unmatched level of comfort, stability, adjustability and weight savings. With Roc Loc 5, you can easily dial-in both fit tension and adjust vertical position with a single hand. Just twist the dial for a tighter feel on rough terrain, then back it off a notch and relax across the flats or a warm climb. Even with these remarkable features, Roc Loc 5 is still nearly 40% lighter than its popular predecessor, Roc Loc 4.
- The heart of Roc Loc 5 is a ratcheting, micro-adjusting dial. A simple, two-finger twist of the Micro Dial opens or closes the retention system and each click is audible
- It’s never been easier to change vertical positions and fine-tune fit. Giro incorporated a three-position bracket that features 15-millimeters of up/down movement. Like the Micro Dial, this system can be adjusted without removing the helmet. Carefully-crafted ergonomic arms are shaped to be as comfortable as possible, yet work
- These two panels are designed to firmly grasp the back of your head while comfortably cradling the occipital lobe